Catsailor.com

New theory about turtles!

Posted By: BobG

New theory about turtles! - 04/26/06 03:07 AM

Police much to there dislike are pulling double time chasing down and ticketing owners with dogs at the north end near the boats. Do you think that besides the fact that no-one wants to step in "Dog Crap", that if it continues into Turtle nesting season the turtles will not come up or turn around if they smell the dog left there mark on the beach.... ?
Posted By: cyberspeed

80 Proof - 04/26/06 11:50 AM

I don't know, I think that "80proof John" might be more of a deterrent.
Posted By: arbo06

Re: 80 Proof - 04/27/06 03:07 AM

We saw a big turtle (tortise?) after MKL while we were trolling about ten miles offshore. Really cool. They need to be able to reproduce, keep the dogs and 80 proof away from them.
Posted By: BobG

Re: 80 Proof - 04/28/06 12:05 AM

Hey Eric way to go in MKL I was wondering about your dilema in widening your boat.For instance if it was 10-15 and the first boats in were all ARC's was this because of there mast hight not boat width.And with 10minutes between the Ticonderoga30 and the 22 over the 45m that was not alot of time.What are the general spec differences between your boat and the 22 , also pilot skills are enormous advantage here. Bob G. If you saw a big unhappy tortoise out at sea you were probraby fishing around the Galapagos
Posted By: arbo06

Re: 80 Proof - 04/29/06 12:29 PM

The ARC 22 has at least three advantages over the 21. Waterline, mast height and width. The width being what I think I need to keep the boat level. Leverage.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums