Catsailor.com

Boat lift for Hobie 16

Posted By: catso

Boat lift for Hobie 16 - 02/11/12 01:30 AM

does anybody have pictures or ideas of boatlifts for Hobie 16 (on a lake). We have a bulkhead to deal with and very little beach. We hope to keep it on a lift when not in use.
Posted By: jackbr549

Re: Boat lift for Hobie 16 - 02/11/12 06:01 PM

Don't have any pictures but have seen some. A friend used a jet ski lift and extended the platform to hold a 16, it has to be wider and longer. I have a lift in the back yard I got used I hope to use for a wave this spring.
Posted By: rehmbo

Re: Boat lift for Hobie 16 - 02/11/12 06:24 PM

If the water is reasonably shallow (<4'), the simplest and perhaps least expensive option would probably be a perch.

You'd need four 6' augers, two ~9-10' cross bars, 4 t-brackets, and perhaps some bunks or carpet-covered wood if you plan to get on the boat while on the perch. For my 18 I use some PVC pipe over the rear crossbar as a type of roller and then trailer bunks on the front that take ~75% of the load.

I use tie-down straps on all 4 corners when not in use. My setup easily survived a 70+mph windstorm last Memorial day. A small boat lift would have tumbled (along with the boat) for sure.
Posted By: ChristyShores

Re: Boat lift for Hobie 16 - 02/16/12 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by rehmbo
If the water is reasonably shallow (<4'), the simplest and perhaps least expensive option would probably be a perch.

You'd need four 6' augers, two ~9-10' cross bars, 4 t-brackets, and perhaps some bunks or carpet-covered wood if you plan to get on the boat while on the perch. For my 18 I use some PVC pipe over the rear crossbar as a type of roller and then trailer bunks on the front that take ~75% of the load.

I use tie-down straps on all 4 corners when not in use. My setup easily survived a 70+mph windstorm last Memorial day. A small boat lift would have tumbled (along with the boat) for sure.

Thank you very much for the tips. I really appreciate your generosity! smile
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums