Catsailor.com

F85SR Sail#7 Build log

Posted By: David_F85cruiser

F85SR Sail#7 Build log - 12/14/11 02:46 PM

Hi All
I have sail number 7 and have started to cut the float form frames.
I am using CamBam and Mach3. Frame 5 and a few others came up with a circle in the tool path that sent the machine off on a large arc.
Running with the tool off the table I could hit the e-stop when the circle is being cut. I then edited this line out of the G code and found the three other circles. All of them had no Y co ordinate generated by CamBam and were trying to cut an arc that was less than a mm in length. Once modified The line of the frames looks fine.

A friend Ross is helping me with the build. Dust in workshop so it must be started.

Regards
David
Posted By: waynemarlow

Re: F85SR Sail#7 Build log - 12/30/11 01:26 PM

What CNC cutter are you using, looking at setting up a home build cutter perhaps as I have a number of projest based around frames and composites.

Thanks

Posted By: David_F85cruiser

Re: F85SR Sail#7 Build log - 09/19/12 01:19 AM

Hi
Been a while, finally got my password and log in resorted.
Have been building some bits:
Two floats one to the stage of final fill. the other needs glass on one outside and the chainplate installed.
My building friend is reacting to the West epoxy frown slowing down the bigger jobs.

Currently cutting beam molds on the CNC.

Have flat panels made for the hull (Except the interiour seats that were not drawn when we vac bagged the flat sections together with the float bulkheads.

Cutting the Glass/corecell/class vac bagged panels on the CNC, working well. Use straight router bits on these panels. (Compression bits are too dear. )

MDF using spiral two flute 6mm solid carbide bits.

Cheers
David
Posted By: phill

Re: F85SR Sail#7 Build log - 11/09/12 01:52 AM

David,
Are you building the Cuddy cabin or the long cabin version?
From your login it refers to F85cruiser- are you building the boat for cruising?

Regards,
Phill
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums