Catsailor.com

Defending my honor from DIng

Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Defending my honor from DIng - 07/04/11 07:05 PM

Really, a tinker-er? That kinda hurt Dave.

Would someone with the tinker gene spend and entire after noon setting up a mast complete with a tapered main halyard?

I think not.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scooby_simon

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/04/11 08:22 PM

Is that your setup Karl?

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/04/11 08:24 PM

Yep.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/04/11 08:25 PM

Should we now discuss the value of a "Tinker's Damn" ?

As in, I don't give a...

;^)

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/04/11 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
Yep.

Like the mast markings; but keep checking the numbers as the rigging will streach. Why the large dia main halyard? I'm using 2/5mm !

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/04/11 09:02 PM

The mast has been rigged before, (Alter Cup boat), so the diamonds should stay pretty consistent. It doesn't seem to take too long for the diamond wires to stretch in. I don't know what you mean by big diameter. It's a 3mm tapered with a 5mm cover.
Posted By: Jalani

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/04/11 09:33 PM

Like Scooby, I use 2.5mm untapered (Kevlar in my case) so I can't see the point in tapering it - in fact I couldn't taper what I have,

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/04/11 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jalani
Like Scooby, I use 2.5mm untapered (Kevlar in my case) so I can't see the point in tapering it - in fact I couldn't taper what I have,

My Spi halyard is Tapered 2.5mm to 5mm.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/05/11 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
Really, a tinker-er? That kinda hurt Dave.

Would someone with the tinker gene spend and entire after noon setting up a mast complete with a tapered main halyard?

I think not.....

Isn't that the definition of a tinker-er Karl?

We all tinker, but there are those that tinker and those of us that have completely lost their mind... you my friend are flirting with the latter. I know that might sting a little but I only say these things because I care. Does every crack whore start out with the goal of becoming a crack whore?
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/11/11 08:28 PM

"I wanna be stuck in middle management" was my answer during career day at elementary school.

Re: Defending my honor from DIng - 07/12/11 04:26 PM

The tapered main halyard is weird. The sail goes up and down very nicely, I will say that it is better than any of the other boats I've had. Locking the ring is just strange though. I have to rotate the mast to get it to lock, and also to unlock it. Before I just pulled it up, it went "click" and I stowed the halyard. I don't have to rotate it very far either, which is strange.

I also need to slip a few bits of line inside the dyneema in a couple of places to keep it in the mast. I had a halyard sneaking out of the luff track on Saturday racing, but it didn't happen Sunday, so it may have been an isolated incident.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums