Catsailor.com

Sailing fun

Posted By: Robin

Sailing fun - 03/20/04 03:09 PM

I am thinking of buying a 16 foot catamaran but I've not had a lot of sailing experience. I live in Stuart, FL and was wondering if anyone would be interested in showing me the ropes on their boat. Also, is it possible for a beginner to sail a 16' catamaran alone? Robin
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Sailing fun - 03/22/04 09:35 PM

Hey Robin,

Yes, it is possible (and pretty fun) to drive a 16' cat by yourself. There are plenty to choose from at reasonable prices, and with a minimum of maintenance, will provide tons of fun!

There are a few finer points to sailing a cat vs. sailing a monohull, but nothing that's too much to handle in light to moderate winds.

I'm usually away from Stuart racing, but would be glad to offer what meager assistance I may have if you would like.

Where do you keep your boat? Where do you sail?

I'm usually putzing around in the North Fork west of the Roosevelt bridge.

Jay
Posted By: Gus

Re: Sailing fun - 04/27/04 01:03 AM

You're welcome to come sail with me a my kids. We've started a new thing, trying to sail every Wed. evening. Lately the winds have been just superb almost every night.

I've owned an H14, H16, and a couple of mono-hulls. Now I am the proud owner of Wave, and absolutly love it. If you ever make it up Space Coast way, look me up.

gus
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums