Catsailor.com

Tramp question?

Posted By: bproctor

Tramp question? - 12/08/13 07:45 PM

I bought a new wave last year and noticed the tramp now looks moldy and grungy. I tried washing it with soap and water but had no effect. How do you clean the tramp?
Posted By: jackbr549

Re: Tramp question? - 12/08/13 07:59 PM

Sail it in the salt water for a day or two is the best way I know!
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: Tramp question? - 12/10/13 12:16 PM

Clorox will work. Put it on amply, let it set and wash off.
Posted By: brucat

Re: Tramp question? - 12/11/13 10:26 PM

With any tramp, you need to be careful not to use too harsh a chemical cleaner. There are many household products that will clean the tramp, but damage the fabric (coating), and over time, develop holes and even deteriorate to the threads (guess how I know)...

My cleaner of choice is Dawn, if for no other reason than it's biodegradable and safe enough that it's used to clean birds after oil spills. It cleans grease and road grime like nobody's business. Not sure how effective it is on mold, but I would start with Dawn before moving on to anything harsher.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Posted By: barbshort

Re: Tramp question? - 01/12/14 08:03 PM

Chlorox Clean-Up or any kitchen/bathroom cleaner with bleach in it. they are not harsh enough to do damage. spray the tramp and use a good stiff brush to scrub it then rinse. should come right off, unless it's heavily moldy and you may have to repeat the process a few times. i wouldn't let harsh stuff sit on the material.
Posted By: camilajerry

Re: Tramp question? - 10/25/14 10:39 AM

Thanks guys! Gives me two things to try and a better understanding of the boat. So simple, but it was eluding me.
Posted By: camilajerry

Re: Tramp question? - 11/20/14 07:06 AM

Thanks guys! Gives me two things to try and a better understanding of the boat. So simple, but it was eluding me.