Catamaran Racing: For the 90's
Written by the founders of Rick White's Sailing Seminars, this
book is on the cutting edge of technology and technique
- The Wild Thing, a newer and faster way to sail downwind
- The Catamaran Roll Tack, to cut your tacking time down to only 5 seconds
- Power righting, the fast and easy way to right your capsized catamaran
- Prebent Masts
- Distance Racing
- Mylar/Kevlar Sails
- and much, much more
This book is a pool of thoughts from the World's Greatest Sailors. Just look at the star-studded lineup of world-class
sailors that have contributed:
- RANDY SMYTH on the Prindle 19, Tornado, Spinnakers and the Olympic Class.
- CARLTON TUCKER on the Hobie 17 and other unirigs.
- HOBIE ALTER, Jr. on the Hobie 18.
- WAYNE SHAFER on the Hobie 16.
- LARRY HARTECK on the Nacra 5.8
- BOB CURRY on Wind and Weather.
- ROY SEAMAN on Distance Racing.
- DAVE CALVERT on Sail Designs and Materials.
Here is what they are saying about this excellent book that is now commonly referred to as "the Bible"
of multihull sailing:
"It doesn't matter what kind of multihull you sail, or what size -- this book will make you better at it
. . ." Eric Sharp, National Outdoor Journalist
"From A to Z, Rick White covers cat racing's tactics, techniques and tuning -- then sails the extra
mile by providing expert advice from Carlton Tucker and Randy Smyth on how to sail specific designs . . ."
John Burnham, Editor of Sailing World
"Rick White and Mary Wells, the gurus of catamaran clinics, tell all in Catamaran Racing: For the
90's. Forget theories, they are sharing proven, race-winning strategies and techniques." Randy Smyth,
two-time Olympic Medalist, and many-time World, National and North American Champion
"Rick White has written a very definitive book on multihulls -- informative to the beginner and interesting
to the expert. Everything is laid out very logically to take you to faster sailing, including comments from various
class experts. This is easy-to-read information that will put more fun and more speed into your sailing."
Gary Hoyt, Sailing World Columnist, Author, Designer and Champion sailor
Click Here For A Ram Press Order Form
Back to RAM Press