Rick White's Sailing Seminars
Seminar Schedule - 2001
If you are interested in sharply improving your sailing skills, then Sailing Seminars' Race Camps are the
ticket. These clinics are intensive, sailboat race-training programs for novices through advanced. These are the
ONLY seminars of this type in North America.
The learning curve has been extremely steep for novice and intermediates sailors, but surprisingly that learning
curve has also been very steep for top national-caliber racers as well. Many of our top Tornado Olympic contenders
have taken this course, including two-time medalist, Randy Smyth.
- Apr 15-20, 2001 -- Laser/Sunfish/any Dinghy 5-Day Seminar in the Fabulous Florida Keys. Rick White's
Sailing Seminar for Lasers/Sunfish/Etc. at Rick's Place Sailing Resort Motel, Key
Largo, FL tel 305-451-3287, fax 305-453-0255, email email@example.com
- Apr 22-27, 2001 -- Catamaran 5-Day Seminar in the Fabulous Florida Keys. Rick White's Sailing Seminar
for catamarans at Rick's Place Sailing Resort Motel, Key Largo, FL tel 305-451-3287,
fax 305-453-0255, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 26-28, 2001 -- SEACATS & Fleet 141 of Hobie Div. 9 at Lake Murray Sailing Club, Columbia, SC,
will host a 3-day Seminar for catamarans. See Rick White's Sailing Seminar for more information or contact Noble
Miller - email@example.com 803-695-1399 (hm), 803-776-7237 (wk)
- June 1-3 -- at Lake Quinault Lodge in the State of Washington. This is a 3-day Seminar for catamarans.
For more information contact Laura Sullivan, 425-432-7749 (Home), 425-965-7245 (Work)
- July 1-4 -- Rick White's Sailing Seminar at Bald Eagle Lake, MN, Ted or Annette Jagger 651-429-1950
(A great idea would be to combine this great seminar with the racing put on by the Bald Eagle Lake Fleet that weekend
and also on July 4th)
- Oct 26-28 -- A Rick White's Sailing Seminar for Corsair Marine in San Diego, CA on F24, F27, F28, or
F31 trimarans. This is a great way to get better at racing/cruising, or if you are interested in buying a tri,
here is a way to not only try it out, but really learn to make it walk and talk. Contact Carlynne of Corsair 619-585-3005,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nov 25-28 -- Rick White's Sailing Seminar for Hobie Waves ONLY (just prior to the Wave Nationals
- Part of Hobie Wave Week) at Rick's Place Sailing Resort Motel, Key Largo, FL
tel 305-451-3287, fax 305-453-0255, email email@example.com
You will get:
- UP to 200 starts, 300 mark roundings and 500 tacks and jibes -- more than most sailors do in several years
- At least 5 hours a day of on-water drills designed around boat-handling, starts, mark-roundings, and tactics
- Upwind and downwind sailing techniques and strategies, basic rules, boat tuning, sail trim, boat feel, starting
strategies, winds shifts, crewing, rigging tips, spinnakers and more.
- Relentless on-water coaching
- Videos of each sessions, shown immediately following, with critiques and analysis
- Evening lectures and chalk-talks, supplemented with teaching videos
- And GREAT sunsets!
- The cost for the 5-day seminars includes the course, lodging (double occ.), all meals, all taxes and tips for
- The cost of the on-the-road seminars is left to the local organization that is hosting the event.
- To sign up, click here for an application form. Print it out, fill it out and send a deposit to us.
Back to Rick White's Sailing Seminars
Go to Catamaran Sailor Magazine's Welcome