REally depends on the winds. I know that the last two GCs were in high winds and the uni won but I think the two ups have gotten better in the high winds so the somewhat conservative sailing by a uni is not as effective as it use to be. Talking with some other uni guys is seems that the uni has the advantage in winds of around 6-10knots. Over this the 2 ups have enough power to really drive with their weight and the one up has to start thinking of depowering. Even with all the depowering options you still loose ground to the boat that can use the full power. Also in higher winds the mark roundings are more difficult one up then 2. Oley has started to stay out on the trap when rounding the windward mark, driving down while the spin is hoisted. I know some of you solo guys fly the spin from the trap but try hoisting it from there. This has got to pick up a boat length or more.
I am not saying a uni guy can not win this, but it definetly becomes more difficult now that people are really starting to figure out the boats.
And lets not forget the big name guys, Robbie, Greg Goodall, Junior Goodall, Matt, and Oley are going double up, and us mere mortals are all that is in the uni fleet.

Tim, I think what mike did of having a separtate outside the offical ranks prize for top uni was great, and it was good rum, but I would like to keep this as one prize to the best overall, and anything else unoffical.

"Your either first or your last. " The Great Ricky Bobby

Jody Blade F16 724 Plays with Sharp Objects