Just got back home. The day started out nice. overcast high 70s for air temps.
The winds were out of the south east around 12 to 15kts with five degree shifts. The top teams are:
John Casey and crew.
Robbie Daniels and crew.
Gregg Goodall and crew.

After keeping tabs on who is where the entire fleet is very steady with there positions. The mid fleet is were all the mixing up has been occurring.

Today Robbie Daniels had a pitchpole but his super crew saved the boat. Robbie was flying forward with the mainsheet around his hand and the crew scrambled aft and pulled the rudders over in order to settle the boat down. It looked like a circus act that was very well coordinated and practiced.

There was a collision out on the water. G-Cat vs Taipan. The Taipan is toast and the G-Cat seems to have survived unaffected. From beach reports it was a starboard/port tack situation. Taipan being on starboard and G-Cat being on port.

Three races in today and scores are yet to be reported. I dont have them with me and I am already at home so I cannot give out who is in what official position.

The weather is suppose to settle down the next couple of days, so we shall see what happens.

For the record the McDonalds had boat issues and missed the two first races. In the third race they were mixing it up really good with the TOP teams. They are a force to look out for.

Its going to get exciting as we move into the mid week racing.

Last edited by Robi; 11/10/09 05:21 PM.