04/01/08 06:33 AM
04/01/08 06:33 AM
couldn't resist it
Codblow Offline OP
enthusiast
Codblow  Offline OP
enthusiast

couldn't resist it
Its getting like communist china in here , threads disssapearing or being closed down .

I wish the F16 all the best , I think they are a great concept and are producing some sexy looking boats with gr8 performance < I really like the concept of the single hander two hander aspect of a high performance boat utilising the same platform and rig .

I liked the openess of the class

I'll self censor and leave you all alone from now

Last edited by Codblow; 04/01/08 06:36 AM.
--Advertisement--
Re: Closing down threads [Re: Codblow] #138648
04/01/08 07:18 AM
04/01/08 07:18 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Tornado_ALIVE Offline
Pooh-Bah
Tornado_ALIVE  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Melbourne, Australia
Very quick to delete my thread.

I continually brows this forum because I am VERY interested in a 16 footer and the F16 class.

Perhaps I should have bit my tounge several times, however most of what I have said is because of how much Wouter has pi$$ed me off, both recently and in the past with his uneducated (sailing not engineering) comments.

I have a few direct questions.

1) As the rules currently read, is it possible to build a boat down to min weight with increased hull volume and extensive use of exotics, increasing stiffness, longlivety and structural integrity well beyond what manufactures are currently doing?

2) Will this cost significantly more then the current boats?

3) Will these boats be far superior in performance then the current boats?

4) How will the class prevent this from happening?

Currently manufactures are building down to min weight. Let’s hope they are not under building to achieve this due to customer demands.

5) If it is so important for the class to stick to min weight and the manufacturers are currently achieving this with glass boats and alloy sticks, then should the class restrict the use of composites in the best interest of the manufactures and affordable manufacturing. Current boats can be grandfathered in though?

The class does not have to be hasty and answer here, but can consult with current manufactures, other experienced sailors, industry workers and established classes. If it is a valid concern, then they discuss with their members about changes if any that may be required to the rules in the future.

You can delete it again, but it may appear again somewhere else a little more public.

Re: Closing down threads [Re: Tornado_ALIVE] #138649
04/01/08 07:26 AM
04/01/08 07:26 AM
West coast of Norway
Rolf_Nilsen Offline

Carpal Tunnel
Rolf_Nilsen  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

West coast of Norway

Moderated by  Damon Linkous, phill, Rolf_Nilsen 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 108 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022