Our club is having an Open House on March 13 in the afternoon. I thought potentially someone out here would be interested in learning about what our club offers. Below is information I cut from the organizers email. www.westriversc.org.

"I have made arrangements to hold a seminar/clinic at WRSC on March 13, from 2-5 PM. The focus of this clinic is to introduce people to the sport of sailing and to WRSC. Bringing new sailors to the sport and to the club is one of the most important things we can all do. This program is open to all and geared to those new to sport. We would really like to get close to 100 people to attend. Our main speaker is Molly Winans, Editor of Spinsheet. She does a great job with this program. I've attached a link to the brochure that Spinsheet puts out. A preliminary program agenda is below

So here is what I need:

1) Please attend (put it on your calendar, now: March 13) and be sure to bring a friend (or two)

2) Please help publicize the event: spread the word to all of your friends, neighbors and work colleagues. If you have a neighborhood news letter, bulletin board at work, or access to any other public forum, please post an invitation (I'll send copy you can use next week).

3) Would your fleet like to have a boat set up on the lawn (or keel boat at the dock) to show to attendees? You would need a person to staff this and give short explanation of your boat and the fleet. This is a great way to attract new members, so I hope all fleets will participate.

4) Fleet members who might be interested in teaching one of the mini-clinics (10-15 minutes) as listed below."

Chris Allen
Nacra 20 Gertie
www.wrcra.org