Catsailor.com

Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas

Posted By: David Ingram

Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 12/31/14 08:39 PM

Hello All,

Now that the holidays are behind us it's time to hook up the trailer and head south. The Tradewinds regatta (http://www.catsailor.com/Tradewinds.html) is again hosted at the Islander Resort and for those that have been know it's an amazing location for a regatta and for those that haven't been you really need to check it out. It’s the kind of location that even if the weather takes a day off there is still plenty to do so your vacation isn't wasted. If you plan to attend please take a few minutes to put your name on the list (http://www.catsailor.com/registration), this simple task really helps with regatta logistics and budget management.

Next up after Tradewinds is the Charlotte Harbor Regatta which is the first weekend of February. These folks really bend over backwards to make the event as enjoyable as possible on and off the water. This is another three day event and it's only two weeks after Tradewinds. If you need assistance with boat storage please contact Brian Gleason he may be able to provide options. As with Tradewinds we need you to pre-register, the link is below along with all the regatta information. Please take the time to get your name on the list http://www.charlotteharborregatta.com/

Posted By: rehmbo

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/01/15 12:20 AM

Sadly, won't be hauling my boat south this winter. However, I am highly motivated to crew and/or skipper with someone at Charlotte Harbor. PM or email me if there is interest.
Posted By: Jeff.Dusek

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/01/15 02:05 AM

Brooks and I are planning to be at Charlotte Harbor.

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/01/15 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff.Dusek
Brooks and I are planning to be at Charlotte Harbor.

Outstanding, it will be good to see you guys again. Please get your name on the pre-reg list as soon as things are solid.
Posted By: coralreefer

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/02/15 05:33 PM

Totally agree with Dave about these two regattas, especially if you are a Hobie 16 Sailor you should not miss either of these events!!!

Both regattas are great for anyone looking to learn, meet and compete against some great Hobie 16 sailors, as they draw some of the best local, national and international sailors to compete. And they are a lot of fun as well.

In addition, both regattas will count towards Hobie Class Association points standings for the classes that follow HCA rules.

Fred
Hobie Division 8 Chair
Posted By: jkkartz1

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/06/15 11:45 PM

I'm looking forward to seein' ya'all again.

And Jeff and I can have a FAU reunion.

Anybody need a crew?

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/08/15 10:41 PM

OK, couple questions for Charlotte Harbor. Where should we fly into? I need to do this one on a pretty tight budget or it won't happen. Also, any recommendations on housing? Hope to be there.
Posted By: coralreefer

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/09/15 12:08 AM

Fort Myers (RSW) is the closest, and Jet Blue and Spirit have a non-stop out of logan to RSW.

You can do a 1 stop with almost any airline out of Boston, Jet blue (thru JFK) $292; USAir (Thru Philly or Charlot) $309; Delta (Thru Atlanta) $311

Or the non-stops jet blue is $368 and Spirit is $326. Fairs are from Expedia for 2/5 in and 2/9 out.

Fort Myers is nice airport and rental cars are at the terminal building.

The charlotte harbor regatta website has a link at the top for lodging in the area, I stay at home, so no experience with any of the hotels listed.

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/13/15 06:53 PM

Flights booked- we are in. Any chance someone wants to let a couple grad students crash at their place for the regatta?
Posted By: sasha

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/13/15 08:50 PM

Allegiant flies into Punta Gorda.

https://www.allegiantair.com/

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/28/15 12:59 PM

So Brooks tore his ACL skiing yesterday- I'm gonna need a driver. Let me know if you know anyone available.
Posted By: tback

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/28/15 05:17 PM

I can drive!

... no wait, I'm crew B!tch for Ding ...

Never Mind

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 01/28/15 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by tback
I can drive!

... no wait, I'm crew B!tch for Ding ...

Never Mind

:-)

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 02/05/15 11:52 PM

Welcome!

I drove through the parking lot at Port Charlotte Beach this afternoon. A dozen Hobie 16's, the same in Weta's. A triple stack of F18's and some sort of DNA.

Should be sporting tomorrow.

Have Fun!

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 02/06/15 03:15 AM

We have settled in nicely here boat is rigged and we are ready to do some sailing.

Re: Tradewinds & Charlotte Harbor Regattas - 02/06/15 02:43 PM

Dave hams it up pretty good.

The title of his interview in today's sport page, "Ingram tacks in elite's shadow".

Isn't there a better position to tack?

Thank you for the kind words!

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums