A couple of responses ....

To "SloanSailing": Yes, we are .... but we are FAST ol'farts!!!!!

To TEH: I'm in that 4th grouping also .... I finally joined a offical Yacht Club 5yrs ago after +25yrs of being a Catamaran "Gypsy" and a member of the "Backyard" Yacht Club scene .... I now try to leave one of my catamarans (of two I own) down at the club w/ the stick up, right next to the sailing school so all the Junior Sailors have to pass by when they walk up to the clubhouse. I offer rides/lessons to all-comers, young and old ... I even let some of the Juniors take my TheMightyHobie18 for a sail ...we host in June a +75 boat Regatta w/ seperate A-Cat class, F-16 class and Open Catamaran classes on a Catamaran course ... and in September we host a Hobie Div11 Points Regatta.

And last year, we hosted the CBYRA Junior Olympic Festival ... including for the first time in US Sailing history a Junior Multihull (on H16's) and Windsurfer Classes !!!!

Anything I've asked of the club they have agreed to and done ...

If you are in the area ... come on by, it's alittle off the "beaten" track" ... but check out our "little piece of heaven" ... you are looking for Rock Hall Yacht Club, Rock Hall Md located on Maryland's beautiful Eastern Shore. We race/sail on the Chester River, just south of Langford Creek at a wide spot called "Hell's Delight" (according to my ADC Chart book)...

... and PLEASE join your local yacht club!!!!
:

Harry
H18Mag/P19MX

Last edited by HMurphey; 02/19/11 02:25 PM. Reason: spellin'