Originally Posted by brucat
Ding, see above...

My sense is that we have bigger fish to fry than changing our Handicapping system.

Mike

+1. I honestly did not mean to stir up this can of worms. I will say it has been my experience that the better sailor usually wins when racing SCHRS. It is a pretty fair rating system at least between like-boats, i.e F-16, F-18, N20 and pre-foiling A-Cat.

The real topic of this thread was how to build participation at regattas. I continue to be of the opinion that if the F-16's pay to race, they are welcome on the F-18 course. Others may disagree but when sailed within the correct weight ranges these boats truly are very close in speed, angles etc. Yes, I would prefer there to be LESS options in the sailing world-seems to me the Nacra 17 has done little but suck F-18 sailors out of the fleet-but I would still rather see more boats at events period. Hosting F-16 only and F-18 only events are a little silly to me, would you prefer to race in a 15 boat fleet or a 30+ boat fleet with the potential for more female sailors??

Scorpion F18