Originally Posted by catman
To dipping and backing, I haven't read the rules in some time but I thought you could not be on the course side of the starting line with one minute to go in the starting sequence.

I Flag - The Round-an-End Rule 30.1 will be in effect. If a boat is over the line during the minute before the start then they must sail to the pre-start side of the line around either end before starting.

Z Flag - The 20% Penalty Rule 30.2 will be in effect. If a boat is in the triangle formed by the ends of the line and the first mark during the minute before the start it will receive a 20% scoring penalty. (20% of the number entered or as dictated by the sailing instructions)

Black Flag - The Black Flag Rule 30.3 will be in effect. If boat is in the triangle formed by the ends of the line and the first mark during the minute before its start it will be disqualified

Unless one of those flags are up there is no one minute rule active. Five second google search by the way. If you don't have a rule book... same search for the flags gives you a link to the rule book.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"