Supercat 17 help
by TexasTuma. 11/21/18 11:06 AM
Carbon mast
by TexasTuma. 11/21/18 10:52 AM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Sailing Forum
12 seconds ago
Originally Posted by PeteNicoletti
Hi Cat Sailors, This is my first post. I was the last one to register for the steeple chase and participated on a Hobie 16, the "Unsinkable II."

Hey Pete, Thanks for your efforts! You have to start somewhere LOL and I'm really glad you enjoyed the experience despite the problems.

You live in paradise for year round sailing so while most of us are hunkered down for the winter you can be developing skills.

I'm on the board of SSPUSA and do their website and Facebook, I don't have any pictures of you or your boat (or the Getaway either), so if you have any please send them my way. It would be great to have a story from your perspective about the weekend.

If you haven't seen their website, the results article is at https://www.sailseriespromotions.com/2018-rick-white-memorial-steeplechase/

You can contact me by email at damon AT CatSailor DOT com
8 1,310 Read More
General Sailing Forum
Yesterday at 10:36 PM
Awesome. I understand about weight. At 240#, I sail a modified Prindle 18-2 and am most of the crew weight. I had been taking the weight factor, but am going to just add 40# to the boat and get rid of one of the correction factors. I have also put a set of carbon sails on the boat which almost eliminates the downhaul use. I can pull a couple of inches and that is it... Most of the time, I don't bother with it at all.
10 508 Read More
General Sailing Forum
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Wow... that looks cold... :-) What about having some sort of forward/aft preventer on you? basically, have a line forward with a small block and tackle and one aft with a block and tackle. have them to a central snap shackle with a quick release - just incase. The thought is you can get settled on the wing, and then clip into the preventers, then tension the forward and the aft to keep you from lurching forward or backwards.

On another note, I'm surprised on the clip you use for your mainsheet. I would think it does not have sufficient strength. I have had those blow up on different applications.
10 978 Read More
Cruising Multihull Forum
11/27/18 08:13 PM
Hello to all members. Im new here and im looking for your help or advice. In august 2017 we have started building a Mike Waller 1100 catamaran. It is 36 feet Cat for 5-6 people on board. http://www.wallerdesign.com.au/photo_wal1100.html
It is still in progress... Take a look.
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGI-CXMpTjo&t=3s
Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUO4HHcBcC4
Part 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLzLR-XHzsc&t=1s

Im looking for a partner or people who are interested in building their own catamaran. Probably you have some friends or partners who dreaming about sailing but don't have a time to start. I need your help to complete it faster than i will make it alone.
We have more than 500m2 space, long term suppliers close to our boatyard, a great and experienced team.
If you have some ideas, please comment it below or send me PM
I believe ill find new friends here and i will build my dream "CAT"

Big thanks. Have a good day.
0 151 Read More
General Sailing Forum
11/21/18 09:38 PM
No need to apologise, that's not a rant Scott, it's just a discussion and it's interesting to get other peoples perspective
12 926 Read More
General Sailing Forum
11/21/18 05:06 PM
I have a buddy with a 19, and I thought he was in contact with them. I will reach out to him and find out. For what I've heard, the 17s are good boats. I have never sailed one, but I have been very impressed with the bows.

I was given www.aquarius-sail.com

Call the number on the site and Tom Haberman can get any part.
1 363 Read More
General Sailing Forum
11/21/18 04:52 PM
One thing to consider... if you have a boat that varies from class rules, it now becomes custom and can have a different rating - even if the dimensions are the same. The inertia and righting moments can change and therefore the boat performs better than a class boat, etc... I understand about using parts and pieces around to make something work; but it comes with criticism. I built a boat out of spare parts that draws a lot of attention. Just consider it and accept the consequences...
9 976 Read More
Search

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Damon Linkous, Isotope235), 26 guests, and 272 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PeteNicoletti, Jackstay, Hermestar, Vilchis_5, anglerguides
7855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
JeffS 5
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,337
Posts266,789
Members7,855
Most Online554