by TexasTuma. 12/10/18 04:32 PM
Two New Foiling Cats from NACRA
by JeffS. 11/21/18 03:38 PM
Supercat 17 help
by TexasTuma. 11/21/18 11:06 AM
Carbon mast
by TexasTuma. 11/21/18 10:52 AM
11/26/18 06:13 PM Prindle Gen II Rudders - Setting Rake [by Ventucky Red]
Anyone remember setting these up for a 19 or an 18-2?

Is setting the rake for the newer style Prindle rudders the same for the older ones... I was playing with it this weekend and it seems almost impossible to get the leading edge about 1/2" aft of the transom which is a good starting point for the old style per the Prindle Owners Guide And I do have the extend gudgeon.

[Linked Image]

These are the ones I am referring to

[Linked Image]
10 508 Read More
11/14/18 05:26 AM Supercat 17 help [by DaleYoung]
Hi! I'm new here. Didn't even know where to post this. I'm looking at a 84' Supercat 17 for sale. It has a dinged mast. May need some parts. Tried for a week to contact Aquarius to no avail. Are they still in business?
Thanks in advance!
1 363 Read More
11/09/18 07:31 PM Two New Foiling Cats from NACRA [by Damon Linkous]

What do you think? I've been impressed by the young teams sailing the "floating" Nacra 15 and new that it would transition to full foiling along with the Olympic Nacra 17.

But what about this Nacra FCS One, single handed foiler with two sails?

Details at
https://www.nacrasailing.com/press-...W1E9mro1B021F3P9MebkVvPQ5RUtRTqFU_xp4l5s
1 12 926 Read More
10/31/18 03:00 PM going downhill with my body leads to cat adaption [by northsea junkie]
About a year ago at a certain moment, I couldn't walk anymore without suffering a terrible nerve pain in my bottom and leg. I couldn't sit anymore, nor walk, nor lying.
So big alarm in my mind; bought as soon as possible a MRI scan which gave a horrendous result: lumbal stenosis.

[Linked Image].

See how the black nerve-string is strangculated in the spinal-canal

Endured a lot of pain. Walked 3 months inside and outside the house with a rollator, stooped like an old man (which I am). Neurosurgon suggested that I looked too fit for sugery and maybe my body would cure itself. Which is by the way very rare for lumbal stenosis.

At this moment I try and do some catsailing (stopped immediatly with windsurfing) but have to find ways not to trigger my spine again. So here's a trial formation for eliminating sitting flat on the tramp. My wire-time is also liminated, that's why. Sitting on a certain height releaves the pain. Its too bad that wings are impossible for me to implement and to handle as a solo sailor. In my bumpy NorthSeaspot it seems impossible ( though I have sailed in a far past a Hobie with Wings.)

[Linked Image]

10 978 Read More
10/30/18 05:43 AM FX One [by silversurfer356]
Does anyone have any detailed tuning guidelines for the Hobie fx-one? I have only been able to find the basic guide from hobie of France...I found the boat in near perfect, virtually new condition and want to campaign the boat asap...I have extensive experience with Hobie 20's (I have two) but cannot find any advanced tuning tips anywhere...Help!
6 764 Read More
10/30/18 05:36 AM Carbon mast [by silversurfer356]
I have a virtually new (stored indoors, virtually never used) Hobie FX One...We brought the boat up to date with all the latest "Gucci" hardware...does anyone know if there is a carbon mast available from another cat? I heard rumors of a carbon mast from a 17' boat that is no longer made..cant recall the brand...anyone??Help!
9 976 Read More
10/16/18 09:20 PM F18 Worlds Sarasota [by brucat]
Looks like no races yesterday (anyone know why?), and four today. Results are here:

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_regatta_results.php?regatta_id=14553&show_crew=1

Mike
13 1,283 Read More
10/11/18 05:50 AM Goolwa to Meningie distance race 2018 [by JeffS]
The longest off the beach distance race and last true adventure race you can do in Aus is on Saturday the 17th of November 2018. This race starts at the new location of Goolwa Regatta Yacht Club (GRYC) South Aus,with trailer sailers starting between 8am to 10pm followed by Off the beach cats at 11am. From GRYC boats race up the last leg of the Murray River, across the top of Lake Alexandrina (normally where the most epic tales are born ), on to the creek called the Narrows, down this creek into Lake Albert and across Lake Albert to Meningie. The course is about 70km, sometimes this race starts at a blistering pace and ends even bigger, other times it starts heartbreakingly light to then hit mid 20kts across Lake Albert. Just competing in this race is awesome, we have a hot fleet coming together again this year and it has been won by all sorts of cats in the last 50 years, so far we have entered, a Marstrom 20, Tornado's, F18's, Nacra's, Taipans and A classes. It's a cheap race to enter, the logistics of getting back to your car and trailer in this passage race are typically inconvenient but if you book early the club can help with your logistics. Minimum size boat is 4.2 metres, skippers need to meet the skill level required of being spread over 100 square kilometres of water with half a dozen rescue boats, helmets are mandatory for single handed and recommended for all, everyone must have high vis top, whistle, torch etc, if you loose your boat at Point Sturt you may drift 30km till you hit shore so all racers are stand too boats if needed. Whilst the race is not to be taken lightly it is great fun and if you haven't done it before the members of Meningie Sailing Club will give you a run down on obstacles and strategy we look forward to seeing you there
2 652 Read More
09/28/18 03:45 AM Reynolds 21 update! [by soulsailor]
Just wanted to say I am still here just have been sailing my boat! Still looking for an F-Boat trimaran

Reynolds still sailing Her!
1 578 Read More
09/26/18 05:10 PM 2018 Steeplechase - December 8-9 [by Chris9]

Will there be a 2018 Steeplechase?

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for a while. Life, sailing, teenagers turning into adults...
8 1,319 Read More
Search

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Damon Linkous, Isotope235), 28 guests, and 294 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PeteNicoletti, Jackstay, Hermestar, Vilchis_5, anglerguides
7855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
JeffS 5
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,337
Posts266,789
Members7,855
Most Online554