New Discussions
going downhill with my body leads to cat adaption
by northsea junkie. 04/06/19 01:37 AM
rudderd locking mechanism
by Will_R. 04/04/19 10:57 PM
Breed cat (This Spammer Bannned)
by SAHIL123 / 02/22/19 12:32 PM

Developing your own Catnip

Felines are the most famous pets in the United States. As indicated by the most recent adaptation of the U.S. Pet Ownership and Demographics Sourcebook (2002 Edition) there were just about 70 Million pet felines in the United States. For what reason are felines so well known? There are the same number of answers to this inquiry as there are feline proprietors, yet the low wellbeing dangers felines posture to their proprietors is unquestionably close to the highest priority on this rundown. Despite the fact that the potential wellbeing dangers felines posture to individuals are little, it is vital that feline proprietors know about these dangers and see how to diminish them.

Most of all dangers coming from feline proprietorship are related with the feline litter box or potentially feline defecation. There are two classifications of dangers. The principal classification contains wellbeing dangers presented by microscopic organisms and parasites to both feline proprietors and their felines. The second class contains wounds coming about because of a programmed litter box or self cleaning litter box
1 501 Read More
SCHRS Speadsheet
by Ventucky Red / 02/13/19 02:56 PM

Anyone here have a spread sheet that has the calculations built into it for determining the sail area?
6 798 Read More
Please get your club events added to the CALENDAR!
by Damon Linkous / 01/22/19 12:00 AM

If you are connected to any catamaran related events, regattas, races, parties or shenanigans make sure and get your event posted as soon as possible.

It's OK if you don't have every detail, post once you have at least the name of the event, firm dates, and location of the start.

The calendar for Catsailor.com and TheBeachcats.com is the same, so add your events using the create event form here.

https://www.thebeachcats.com/index.php?module=event&type=event&func=new

[Linked Image]
1 0 416 Read More
FX ONE Help?
by silversurfer356 / 01/20/19 08:25 PM

First off...thank you to those that assisted me with this boat. I couldn't have prepared this boat with the input from those here.

I figured I'd reach out one more time (being winter here)...I'm looking for anyone that raced an FX ONE that can provide tuning input other than the published Hobie piece. Boat is basically brand new (barn find), non-wings, carbon daggers, latest Hobie EPO rudders, dyneema shrouds with staymasters, spin, main and self-tacking, furling jib. May add a carbon boom and carbon mast if there is suitable replacement for that mast. I'm really looking for tuning specs if someone kept records or has access to such...there is nothing from Hobie of France/Europe. Also, (non-reated), Im selling my Hobie Miracle 20..its on beachcars..nicest one in the USA...anyone...anyone?
0 421 Read More
Supercat 17 main sheet question
by DaleYoung / 01/17/19 01:09 AM

I'm in the process of restoring 2 Supercat 17s. I'm seeing 3 different mainsheet options for these boats that changed over a period of time. One is a a track with a car, another was a triangular floating-type of car that ran along a cable, and the 3rd was a fixed main sheet in the middle of the rear cross tube.
Which option is best, and why?
Thanks in advance.
6 964 Read More
Aus Nacra National Titles 2019-2020
by JeffS / 01/12/19 09:01 AM

I'm excited to announce that the 2019-2020 South Australian Nacra Nationals are at my club, Meningie Sailing Club, situated on the Southern end of Lake Albert, near the end of the Murray river. This lake is freshwater, 169 square kilometres and currently has a depth between 1.9 metres and 2.3 metre. To enable the Far North Qld and WA sailors to be home on Christmas Day, the National Association has set the start day for measurement and the first race as Monday 30th of December with the last race on Saturday the 4th of January. There won't be an invitation race but we will have a rescue boat available on Sunday 29th December for boats that want to get out and practice. It is recommended to book your accomodation as soon as possible, for any more info you can PM me or post questions, whohoooooo
0 458 Read More
Sail Material
by Ventucky Red / 12/31/18 04:23 PM

Besides the additional price and the cool looking color for Pentex Mylar Laminate are there really any advantages of using this over the Polyester Mylar Laminate for a mainsail?
1 710 Read More
Cunningham
by Leo Ambtman / 12/17/18 03:02 PM

I am sailing a Tornado catamaran and have checked by GPS that sailing upwind it is useless to use any cuningham at any windforce (except maybe force 6 and above but than you are in surviving mode). As soon as you use downhaul you will sail so much lower that VMG is worse. The cunningham will distort the main sail too much. Any comment?
16 2,291 Read More
Prindle Gen II Rudders - Setting Rake
by Ventucky Red / 11/26/18 06:13 PM

Anyone remember setting these up for a 19 or an 18-2?

Is setting the rake for the newer style Prindle rudders the same for the older ones... I was playing with it this weekend and it seems almost impossible to get the leading edge about 1/2" aft of the transom which is a good starting point for the old style per the Prindle Owners Guide And I do have the extend gudgeon.

[Linked Image]

These are the ones I am referring to

[Linked Image]
10 1,238 Read More
Supercat 17 help
by DaleYoung / 11/14/18 05:26 AM

Hi! I'm new here. Didn't even know where to post this. I'm looking at a 84' Supercat 17 for sale. It has a dinged mast. May need some parts. Tried for a week to contact Aquarius to no avail. Are they still in business?
Thanks in advance!
1 805 Read More
Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 26 guests, and 50 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
fullstride, dmydlack, Hvarboat, adriana, chollacat
7899 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
JeffS 1
Will_R 1
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,346
Posts266,861
Members7,899