Fabric arrived yesterday. Spent an hour learning the control system for the cutter. Cutter is from Gerber Garment Company and is primarily for making clothes. The manual is several inches thick very confusing and mostly useless as I am not making a run of clothes in various sizes. My main has only 9 sections and I'm wondering if it would be faster to lay them out by hand. This will probably pay off if I make more sails; And I'll be able to run a clothing sweatshop when I'm done.

I'm posting the "final design for the main."
I took the mould from the tornado sail posted earlier.
As I have been reading a little on sail design I figure to make the sail go up wind I need a high aspect with the draft forward in the sail. The tornado sail was better than my last rendition. Two differences between the tornado and the hobie sx are the hobie weight 475lbs and the sail is 15%bigger plus no vang control. I'm not sure if the tornado has vang but I think they should.

I'll post pics of cutting today'"if I get it to work" But if you see a guy walking around in a suit that looks like it's made of sail material... that would be me.

Finally on the whole sail plan The main and jib are designed to go fast and upwind, The current spin is designed to sail deep. I don't think they will work together. The main will drive over the spin.

Attached Files