No self Infalting device!!! That would be funny tho! First big wave and POOOF!
Here is my Logic or lack there of! After trying all of our old Hobie jackets, Musto vests and a brand new MTI Orleans kayak vest none of them would float me face up!!! The MTI was the best with all its flotation hi-on the chest and very thick at chest. The MTI was great paddling but sucked for getting on the hook. In flat water it would not roll me face up! Once on my back it was pretty good at keeping me there!
So if I had a normal Class III Pfd of this type and get knocked out! all they are going to find is a body in a nice jacket, UNLESS I was lucky enough to land on my back!
As I mentioned before I am having seizures that come on slow and leave my left side worthless! So I am hoping that if I have one on the water I will be able to pull the rip chord have my fancy jacket inflate to 23.5lbs!! that will give me enough time to chill and wait for my body to come back!
Yes I will have to test and maintain the Co2 device for all of this to work when needed.
So that's my theory at least!
If I do come across a jacket that I can sail in and will save my butt, then i will get it! It's only money! Right???