What a silly defence of the US Sailing position. The lack of logic is profound. He should just say... "My good ol boy network tells me this is a winning proposal for the USA".

Gender equity my butt...

Why not recomend Men's and Women's multihull as a solution to gender equity?

A hobie 16 with spin would have world wide acceptance for the women's multihull INSTANTLY. No problem finding an appropriate boat to adopt for the women!

men's and womens keelboats (Soling, Star, Yingling Lightning, J22)
Men's and women's Boards
Men's ane women's single hander (laser, radial, finn or europe)

Men's and women's double handed Dinghy (49ner or 470 or what ever they come up with... )

That covers the sailing spectrum of the various types of boats raced in the world and specifically the USA without considering... Oh... that's my favorite class of boat.

The Hobie 16 with spin easily covers the gender equity issue and the world wide acceptance of the class.

The US proposal is just a political hack job that bows to the Good Ol Boy Network of collegiate dinghy coaches ...

What this amounts to is that the sailing coaches of the top Collegiate sailing programs have wispered to Bodie about their wonderful olympic talent. wonder of wonders ... nobody recomends a sailor for multihulls or boards!

Good Ol Boy networks get you the same ol same ol solutions.

NOTICE... he did not state ANY verifiable FACTS about the notion that the US is strong or has Olympic talent in those skiff/dingy classes/types of boats.

How many skiff races are held in the USA?
How many 470 Men or women's races are held in the USA?
How many catamaran races are held in the USA?
How many 2 person dinghy teams with spins are popular in the USA.

Want to bet on these numbers?

Write to the USOC, join the petiion drive, Have them slap some sense into Jim Capron. (Mind you he has only had the helm since the fall)

Mark

crac.sailregattas.com