Mark,

First you say at 03/22/07 05:47 PM:

You don't need to be a member of anything... just a citizen of the USA to register your complaint with the USOC.

The US Olympic Committee (USOC) is empowered by an act of Congress to support the efforts of US Athletes in Olympic Competition. The USOC is the legal authority for the team that the USA sends to each game. The US Olympic Committee allows US Sailing to administer the Olympic pathway and could order US Sailing to revise their submission to ISAF because it does not represent the best interests of US Sailors.

http://www.usmultihull.org/

You do NOT have to be a US Sailing member… just a citizen of the United States of America.

Then at 03/22/07 10:02 PM, less than 5 hours later...

...So, If most catamaran sailors are not adult enough to join the national sailing organization for another 35 lousy dollars...(much of which they get back in regatta discounts) Why do you think they should listen to us?

and in the same post...

US Sailing is a volunteer organization...by no means are they perfect! I even argue that they are supremely incompetent in some critical areas. The Olympic submission is but another example of their arrogance and disregard for us. BUT... we as a sailing community have not done much to earn much respect OR do much to help ourselves. In short if we act like children... its hard to be treated with respect or counted on to keep our word.

This is not just a chicken or egg problem for us. Despite all of the crap, we MUST have a seat at the table. Issues like the Olympics matter to us…. No membership clout, no volunteers to run programs, etc etc … look what can happen! (I am not saying that our lack of membership clout caused this fiasco.)

You might consider that the first step to a solution is to actually join the party and pay some dues to US Sailing.

So in the matter of the Tornado Olympic class, should we join US Sailing or not Mark? Why should we listen to your ranting and taking shots at various classes when you display such childish inconsistency?

To paraphrase his majesty in 'Amadeus':

"You are passionate Mark, but do not persuade."

Chris

Dave Ingram is my president. tcdyc rules