Bob,

I would be very interested in knowing what you have come up with in regards to the following questions... as related to each individual hull:

I have a few different hulls designs on the background, varying in complixity. Right now I'm mainly looking to get a very simple board- and skegless hull that is easy and quick to build. In effect no compounded curves.

The Arrow and Arafura Cadet designs seem to achieve very good performance and decents looks for a hull shape that is board and skeg less. See pictures. So I'll give you the preliminary specs on those hulls. For more pics follow the link :

Phill Branders Arrow and Arafura Cadet page

Arrow (14 ft)
[Linked Image]

Arafura cadet (12 ft)

[Linked Image]

So I'm looking to make a first simple hull design along those lines. An additional reason is that if this boat can plane downwind it will only do so with a flat keel line as these cat designs have.

The volume (one hull)?

285 liters per hull.

Overall width at its widest point (one hull)?

Width deck at widest point = 0.200 mtr

Overall depth at the deepest point (one hull)?

Currently I'm at 0.450 mtr.

The center of flotation?

See picture below.

Upper line is when lifting luff hull clear of water. The lower line is the waterline in no wind.

[Linked Image]

Cross beam location (measured from the bow)?

Haven't decided yet. In looking in the range 2.000 - 2.200 mm from the stem (54% - 60 % from the stem)

Note that all these specs may change when the hull design progresses and I know more about the pressure points in the sails etc. But this is a good starting point.

Wouter

Attached Files
Last edited by Wouter; 04/23/07 01:43 PM.