One of the comentators made a very good point about Chris Dickson. He said Chris had not spent nearly as much time doing the match racing tours that all the other skippers had. He had spent too much time being -everything- on BMW Oracle. When one guy spends too much time trying to run the entire campaign, I think his brain is fried when it comes to just starting the race. He lost every start he had. Un-be-frigg'n-lieveable.

That commentator is probably right. Chris Dickson is the CEO of the team. He does all of the hiring for the team and seems to spend a lot of time dealing with the business side of their team. When I was over there I practiced with both BMWO and Victory Challenge and VC's practice was more like an actual race with more of a focus on sailing and team work. BMW Oracle's practice was focused more on equipment and rig tuning. Probably why a team with no money like VC got as far as they did and BMWO couldn't get out of the semis. All that money and it still comes down to good old fashioned skill.