I have seen them at the factory. The 570 is a skegged hull and I can not comment further because I didn't pay too much attention to it.

The 580 however got my attention as I see it as a very good shallow water Performace Cat. It is basically a Nacra 5.8 with hulls that are modified in a few ways. The bows are a bit slimmer. The dagger board trunks are replaced with large trunks to accommodate a very nice centerboard design.

The rear of the hulls, aft of the rear crossbar are tapered to accomodate the same sterring system that is found on the Inter 20.

It's a great boat that is narrower than the F18. I think that it is a few inches wider than a Nacra 5.8. At the time, it was available with and without a boom. The forestay bridle is conventional, without the bow foil/spreader bar.

I expressed an interest in sailing it to the Channel Islands, but was not offered a test sail.

Definitely the most noteworthy part of this boat is the centerboard which, has good foil shape and also fills its slot when in either the up or down position. This means that you won't have to fool around with slot strips as do sailors of Tornados and Mystere's like mine.

GARY

Santa Monica Bay
Mystere 6.0 "Whisk" <--- R.I.P.