We went to Pinchot State Park in Lewisberry pa to sail the p16 for the first time
it was rather windy - and that seems to be rare.

started out with rigging failures. We could not get the main sail all the way up and we started moving out on the lake under jib power alone. While trying to get rigged I dropped the downhaul pin in the lake! Then we crashed (gently) into trees on opposite shore. then rigged the main sail in a reefed position using the stepping hinge pin for the downhaul pin. Then had criss-cross in main sheet and blanked out on how to rig the traveler. Then we crashed (again gently) into trees on launch shore - all the while heading down lake. At that point I was starting to get frustrated - i stayed calm though and eventually got the mainsheet untangled and rigged traveler correctly - then she worked... she is very fast and easy to sail. learned many things from the failures. we sailed up to the Quaker race day use area very smoothly and got to feel the power of the boat. she screams. we did not fly a hull but could have with ease. I love the way she sails. got to blow by people on other sail boats, canoes, kayaks and paddle boats...

Our exit was far more graceful then our entry. We pulled back into the launch area dropped the main on the way in and pulled up smoothly to the ramp.

So anyway - the pin i lost was a quick pin and I don't know what size it was! help! I need one by next weekend.

Rob Jones P16 #2366