Second that. Factory "fur" comes off with acetone. Good to clean the area with it (and let it dry) before applying more fur.

Despite all the "solutions", I was lucky enough to only need the factory fur. I bought about 10' of it from the dealer, and replaced the stuff about once or twice per season. I made sure there was positive pressure (stuffed the area with rags) when applying the fur and let it sit overnight to make sure the sticky stuff had plenty of contact in the daggarwell. I also set the fur about 1 mm above the edge of the well, so that sand wouldn't get between the fur and the daggarwell...

As long as your stinkin' crew doesn't slam the boards down the well when you first put them in, the tape should hold reasonably well.

Some team out west put outdoor carpet on the inside of the well (further up from the bottom) and it was there only to minimize the board from slipping up and down. They then had some "good-ole boy engineering" gasket thingy at the bottom of the daggarwell. Not sure if it worked better than the factory stuff, but they sure were proud of it...

Jay