I had a dark greean, metalic boat....you could not think to sit on it until it was in the water and splashed down.
Yes..the sacrificial keel brings great peace of mind. It is not a purist, racers thing but we are not all that anal about racing....bot knocking it, just saying.
I have had an anchor bag made. It also carries my paddle blade. It is padded both sides and clips down tight to the front of the tramp.
I also cut one side of the danforth peak off to make the profile lower.
I often park up on a beach out at one of the islands for a meal or just coffee and a chat. There is another favourite beach to anchor at and then walkmover a saddle to a town and an icecream or whatever. The anchor is worth its weight in gold and if I am racing, I can just leave it on shore.
I have also made a bosuns bag which clips over another food/clothing/etc bag and clips down to the other side of the tramp.
So I have about four modes I can take the boats out in. Everything is in its bag and hanging, ready to go.
If you are going to take adventure sailing seriously....and you might after you have done some of it...having gear sorted and ready to go brings a lot of safety, pleasure and saves a lot of time and anxiety.