Took my Hobie 16 to Croatia some years ago where she had to stay on the water for several weeks. Coast is rather rocky. They use kind of moorings to anchor: concrete blocks with a line and a buoy.
Rather difficult to set and lower both sails on the water by the way. Take enough spares with you as you are going to drop some items for sure.
in spite of the mostly moderate winds and waves the H16 was always moving when attached to this mooring. I made a kind of divider with a line between both bows and the dolphin striker which made some improvement. Next to that I blocked the mast against rotating otherwise it might be continuously hitting the end nocks on the base! Also I applied as much tension as possible on the shrouds to minimize the movements of the mast.
My experience with anchoring are only for The Netherlands as the sea near Croatia is far too deep (200 - 300 ft).
Weight of the anchor doesn't make to much difference. Far more important: it should have a firm grip in the bottom (preferably to be checked by sight!) for which ± 6-8 feet of chain are vital. The length of the line has to be 4-6x the depth of the water. Al together quite some stuff to take with you on a Hobie. Another advice: attach a line with a small buoy to the other side of the anchor. This way it is not only marked but it might be handy when your anchor got stuck somehow.
In general: anchoring remains tricky because you can not check the grip of the anchor. The moment you pull the line the Hobie will move forward anyway so you are never sure!!! Be critical and on your guard especially when sudden weather changes might occur (as on the Croatian coast: heavy winds out of various – fast changing – directions)
Have a nice trip !!!

Happy sailing from The Netherlands!

Eddie

Hobie 16 (1992) # 99173 & CT11 - with spi