No wind Sunday. Took about 2 hours for most (but not all) of the fleet to drift down to the RC. I'll claim second to the RC as my best score of the weekend :-) We gave up and went back in, soon followed by the rest of the fleet, although a few were smart enough to give up very early. VERY light and patchy; would have been ugly racing.

I was disappointed to not have a 5th race Saturday as the breeze was moderating and it was still early. Some people may have been pleased with only 4 in that wind :-) I was also a little upset at not having longer races; only the last race was three laps (or 4, depending on your ability to count). Couldn't really do a longer course as we were going shore-to-shore. I think sticking closer to the one-hour Portsmouth guidance would have resulted in closer results (but almost certainly not different winners). I think the results show the "faster" boats cutting the deficit on the "slower" boats with the increased time of the last race, but the data is skewed with part of the fleet doing 3 laps and part doing 4 :-) I'll also note the RC was much more hesitant about sending us out in a steady 18 than any of the competitors were; didn't really seem to believe me that this was well under the limit that Div 11 uses for a shut-off. They postponed for half an hour on their own (no big push for that from the sailors), which WOULD have worked out in allowing a more comfortable 5th race. Oh well, good racing, great day, life goes on.