cosmetic cleanup of my 25 year old nacra 5.2 continues

various wear marks and stain marks on the mast and boom have rubbed out well with 1000grit paper

both hulls have been gone over with a cheapo vibrating sander with 1000wet'n'dry, then a car polisher with compound and finally wax with a very fine compound. the hulls now look almost new

but the 25 year old nacra 5.2 stickers were proving it was an old boat, so off they came. was going to recreate them much larger as stencils and spray it back on the hulls but decided to be a little more adventurous than just makers name and model

have named her "Cool Cat" and used the "chiller" font in word to print that out A4 sized on my printer, then used 10cent supermarket copier to boost that up several times to to foot high letters on A3 that i will cut out and use as stencils

wife suggests angling the letters and adding a splash of color so will do something like the coke swoosh across the bottom in brilliant blue

also working on a large white tiger face with sunglasses for the bows, (can you guess where that came from, should i ask permission?)

have attached a photo mock-up of close to current plan, what do you think?

eric e

aim is to get a better looking and going boat than the new hobie 16 in the background for 1/10 the price;o)

7 year old daughter at the stern, we were doing 25kph the other day and she was clutching onto the main beam with her eyes tight closed, don't think she will want to go out with me again for a while:o(

Attached Files

eric e
1982 nacra 5.2 - 2158
2009 weta tri - 294