Hey and Happy Sailing!!
My question to you all:

My last cat was an original Nacra 6.0 with self tacking jib. We had three kids/built a new home and....yes like many of your lifes.... ours was VERY busy and I reluctantly sold my boat. I don't have any money any more with the family, college and all the other stuff. OK, I'll get to the point. I just purchased a 1987 Supercat 19 (original 8' beam) with trailer for a good price. It has a new tramp and galvanized trailer. I made the hulls look like new but it still needs quite a bit of work with new rigging and some hull work(8"seam repair), rudder and centerboard repair along with a new set of sails. I figured the grand total with everything, sails, work and all (including my original cost of boat/trailer) will be about $5200-5500.00 for everything. My question? Should I just sell this boat for a profit and buy another Nacra 6.0 for the difference of about $2500-3000.00 or just press on and finish this project? I have never sailed this boat (original SC19, 8' beam) so I don't know much about her. There is LOTS more tramp room (than the 6.0) for the family and the hulls look VERY bouyant for driving them. Any thoughts or comments for this situation?
I thank you all in advance for your comments and suggestions regarding my dilema!!!
Happy sailing and warm wishes!
Mike

PS: That's my "better half" next to the boat at 5'5" to give you an idea how much "prow" this boat has...lots of bouyancy!!

Attached Files
120435-tmpphpnLzYYY.jpg (220 downloads)
Last edited by Blowboater; 10/04/07 09:03 PM.