There are not many used Formula 18s on the market at the moment. Maybe the wrong time of year...I think that it has to do with the idea that the class is going well and Formula 18s are snatched up almost before they get on the market.

I have been hooking up some buyers and sellers in the local area in order to keep the strong sailing fleet we have going. Most of those are upgrading to newer boats, allowing their older boats to increase our numbers.

A friend called the other day and would like to upgrade his boat to the new Infusion. He will be selling a Nacra F18 that he has not sailed too much at all, for a very attractive price. I will make sure that Rick gets the $10 upon sale with this plug. I would really like someone local, West Coast Region, to get the boat.

If you are interested in upgrading, buying or selling a Formula 18 make sure to let the local active sailors know about it. You will want to build your own fleet with accessible boats. More exposure, more boats, and more sailing builds interest from others thinking about a new class for themselves.

One of the great participants in our area, Scott Miller, will be on hold until insurance kicks in for another boat. He lost a house and boat to the California fires.

Later,
Dan