Thanks for the replies everyone. I do love the 16, I really think it is a great design and I love sailing it. From what I've heard, I can add weight to the boat and sail solo right at minimum. I've also heard that most of the time a solo 16 is scored with a different portsmouth rating or an L4 penalty???? I think that I may be at an advantage in heavy air but I'll have to start attending some regattas to find out for sure, as well as become a much better sailor. I didn't know if any of the other sailors on this forum carried the weight that I do and what boats they sail. This post was kind of just a "what boat do I need to start saving up for" kind of thing. It very well may be a new H16, or good used 18. It's like I've told my girlfriend, I'd much rather be pulling a brand new boat behind a used car than vice versa. But, I've got a buddy that's offered for me to take out his 18 and I hope to do that soon. But keep the suggestions coming, and thanks for all the input. Maybe after this weekend, I'll let ya'll know how I stack up against the competition at the "sweet" 16 regatta, if I don't come in dead last that is.

Last edited by abbman; 10/30/07 12:39 AM.

James
1983 Hobie 16'