It's cold in the UK in November. Really cold. So I have to go out and buy me a drysuit. Before sailing in the UK I used to sail in sunny California, and before that in the south of France and in Corsica. I never had to buy a dry suit before, so it is completely unknown territory for me. So I'd like to collect some of the collective wisdom before I buy...

I've read the previous threads on the subject, but the most recommended manufacturer (kokatat) has only one distributor in the UK, and they are asking £750 for the privilege of getting a drysuit with socks from them. As it is 2 times the price of the nearest offer, I consider that ridiculous so I've removed them from my selection.

I've done some research into the various models and brands available in the UK and approximate prices. If you own one of those models, or if I overlooked one, I would be grateful if you can give me a quick review of what you think are their plus or minuses.

Gul Infra: 225
Gul Ion: 325
Gill front zip 400 drysuit: 310
Crewsaver Hyperdry pro: 240
Crewsaver Hyperdry men: 300
Musto MP goretex one design dry suit: 380
Typhoon XTS Pro: 300
Typhoon TY Racer: 230
Lomo tornado drysuit MkII: 175 (available end of december)
Trident with front opening: £230
Henri Lloyd TP1 Stealth Dry Suit: 260

I think what I want in order:

- breathable,
- front entry (because I usually sail without a crew to open my suit for me!),
- latex seals (I must admit I'm curious about the 'eelskin seals' on the Typhoon XTS Pro),
- integrated boots
- good resistance,
- as cheap as possible
- available now