Hi Guys,
I have a Hobie 18 mag and a Prindle 19mx, also I've been crewing on a 43' Tri and I loudly and with pride say that I'm a MULTIHULLER. None of those slow leaning monomorans for me. But most of the time non sailors only know the name "Hobie Cat". It's like saying "can you make me a Zerox copy???" I just take the time to educate them and explain that the proper term is "beach cat". And since Hobie has been doing their HOBIE ONLY crap I am even more vigulent in using the term Beach Catter/Multihuller and do not call myself a Hobie Catter even though I have and still do compete in many Hobie Regettas per year with my TheMightyHobie18. I believe in being inclusive, not exclusive. And as a sidenote, this Hobie Only crap also helped with losing the multihull slot in the Olympics. "Divide and Conquer" that what happened to us, we did not promote a united group for our classification of boats and now we have nothing. So first we have to promote the fact that we are sailors who sail and are MULTIHULLERS!!! All of us no matter what brand of boat we sail, because in the final analysis we all have the same basic issues and need to help each other