sold one and bought another with a bigger rig.
Have changed all of the outdated trim mechanisms and rudder set up. Tested that yesterday and all is great including an 8:1 mainsheet I set up with a free floating ratchamatic with tapered line.
Boat was flying a hull in 5/8 variable. Boat weighed in at 114K at birth so I am saying 120 now after a proff repair to damage.
I am still looking for goo hulls but this platform is good enough to develop idea of high terminal planing speed.
I have second mast I am cutting down to almost mast head and will rake that like a Hobie. See photo for sail style envisaged.

I am doing this for my own fun and satisfaction. Aim is 25 knots over 500 metres.

I do not pretend to understand any more than that I believe these old V hulls will plain more steadily and with a faster terminal speed that the round hulls.

I decided on this project after watching the World Tornado guys trying to get high speeds and was shocked at how unstable the platform became at only 22 knots.

I believe I have sailed one of these boats at over 20 knots with grunt and stability to spare and so am putting my efforts where my mouth is.

Attached Files
128899-Maricat.jpg (80 downloads)