No offense taken but I will reply.
By what a boat might offer one could never claim the agricultural tech of the H16 could compare in any way to the tech understanding of sailing a PT can deliver and demands....one is a sailboat and the other is a sea plough/jungle gym.
The ability to set the PT sail with cleaver and powerful trim components, planing hull and the ability to tack at will seems to make the inner harbour, short course high wind race my domain against the 16s.
This Years New Years day race I started last and finished first in 20/25 knots. I put 6 minutes on one H16 and 4 minutes on the other sailing a Nacra 14sq. in 24 minutes of sailing time.
Now while better Hobie sailors might have beaten me these were four fit men all with harnesses and able to trap and one of the boats had seasoned H16 race sailors on it....the sort of dudes who arrived by sailing the boat up the sand in front of the crowd and stepping off the boat onto the dry without falling over to the delight of those watching.

Now those same Hobies and the sailors on them would destroy me in 10/15 knotts on either 14...but and here is the rub for you as a newbie...as soon as the wind got up they (including the seasoned pair) were too busy dealing with the wind to sail to win.

Noob solo sailing on an H16 is irresponsible unless performed in quiet on shore conditions.... Someone has to sort you out if you blow it.

As a fit ex windsurfer on the 14 you can go out solo tomorrow in 15 knot on shore wind and thrash and crash to your hearts content without talking someone else out of their day to fix you.
After two or three times you would graduate to 25 knots and really trialing yourself.
These skills created the move to H16 as the best crash and bash all-rounder on the market is a good one.

Finally, we live in a new web world where your boat is a piece of cake to sell and the next easy to buy and replace it with. It is not like you are marrying the bloody thing.