Why is the rating for the single handed F16 rating (on a returns based system) quicker in the US?

I think the US PY system has factors for taking one configuration of a boat and calculating a rating based on adding/subtracting things for the new config. Is this how the single handed F16 rating being calculated?

IMO the F16 single handed is quicker than the 2 up boat. BUT it is more difficult to sail to this potential. Thus, I would expect a returns based sytem to (probably) rate them equal as the single handed boat gains in ligher winds (better power to weight ratio) and looses out when it's howling as "you run out of hands". The point where the single hander "runs out of hands" will slowly migrate UP the windspeed as we get better at sailing these beasts single handed.

SCHRS and Texel rate the single handed boat quicker and I feel this is right as SCHRS and Texel rate the boat only. PY and US PY rate performance and the sailor and so the "difficulty" of sailing single handed is taken into account. I'd be really interested to see how the (current) faster single handed rating on US PY is justified. PY in the UK for both boats is the same.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here