What is it they say about the best laid plans of mice and men?...........

The board of Directors for the Western Carolina Sailing Club met last evening and voted not to allow us to hold the Spring Fever Regatta at their facility. I won't go into all of their reasoning, but am assured that it wasn't because they are a monohull club. (Nigel and I plan to get even by winning their big Hospice race in the fall.)

We have continued our attempts to convince the Corps of Engineers to allow us to use our Milltown Campground, but with no success whatsoever. I visited the alternative camping areas that the Corps offered to us; all were basically day-use facilities with no showers, no launching ramp or staging area, and no place close by to hold the parties. (Corps locations forbid alcohol consumption on their premises.)

It is very disappointing that we must regrettably cancel this year's Spring Fever Regatta.

For all of you who took the time to preregister and those who have attended over these past 10 years, Nigel and I would like to thank you for having made this a very successful and most enjoyable regatta.

We will continue to pursue the Corps in an effort to allow us to have our regatta next year.

Fair winds, and I hope to see you all next year.

...........Mr.Ernie
Spring Fever Coordinator

"The election is over, the talking is done, Your party lost, my party won. So let us be friends, let arguments pass, I’ll hug my elephant, you kiss you’re a $$.”
Liberalism = A brain eating amoeba & a failed political ideology of the 20th century!