This is great to see.

From our prospective, there was a significant amount of internet chatter in the past about the F16. After the Alter Cup last year though, we began to really see the F16 start to become recognized as a real option. There are now in excess of 50 boats in the US, and even in areas where there are no F16s, the F16 class is now regularly listed with the F18, 20's etc as an option for a boat style/group/class. Apparently this is happening inernationaly as well.

No class or style of boat will fit everyone, and the F16 is definitely not an exception. This class of boat is definitely my favorite of the many designs I have sailed and raced in my lifetime. The feedback we get from virtually everyone who gets on one continues to be extremely positive. As such, to some extent the class sells itself becuase of the boat.

While we have not reached critical mass, with 4 builders (and more at least watching it), and boats reasonably spread across the globe, if we can continue the press and promotion of events I feel the class has a great future.

Regards,

Matt