OK....we're baaaaacckk!!! I'm going to put most of the stories on the H-16 forum and HCA's website. But to give a quick synopsis...

A tropical depression (that is a weather state, not a mental state!) hit the Philippines the day we arrived. Conditions for the 1st 2 days were reported as: 35-45k winds, 18' seas, 10 sec. interval. So Sat. and Sun. was a bust. On Monday we moved the boats 2 hours south (to Mongot) and re-rigged. We started on Tuesday in about 20k with a 12' sea that was fairly confused between the 3k current and the leftover storm. After about an hour of that, the wind died down. For the next 4 days the wind was light -- 5-10k with occasional squalls to 20. It rained every day, so the weather made it pretty much a bust. We finished only one leg -- a 35-miler. All the others had to be shortened and we were towed. We were scored on 70 nm and figure we sailed about 100 nm. (The races would be shortened at gates, but we often were past a gate when the race was called off.)

Overall, in spite of the crappy weather, it was an incredible experience. The sailing, the scenery, the people, the experiences -- all of them were incredible!! Many thanks to Zhik, Murray's, Harken, Hobie Cats NW, Larabar, Barz, Sperry, and Layline for their support. I hope to do it next year knowing that the chances for 2 consecutive years of crappy weather is pretty slim. I'll leave more reports on the H-16 forum, including results.

Time Warp Racing
Hobie 14, 16, & 17, Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2