My name is Wouter Hijink

I have no commericial ties to any boating related aspect, F16 ior otherwise.

I do have a strong personal tie to the F16 class by virtue of being a co-founder of that class and actually owning a F16.

I'm still paying some F16 class bills out of my own pocket, I consider that my class membership fee.

I believe in the open F16 forum were also non-F16 owning members can have their say.

I believe that people making strong claims or using harsh language should be prepared to be replied to in kind.

I also believe that everybody should fully identify themselves when making strong claims or proposing F16 rule changes.

I believe that we should not have ANY rule changes without having a clearly defined and well proven need to do so.

I have a very strong dislike of non-scientific discourse and most severely reject any unproofable "believes".

I believe it is foolish to regulate any millionair from spending his fortune on F16 BLING, such people will always find ways to waste money irrespectibally whether it actually leads to performance gains or not.

I believe the performance of a sailboat is governed by only very few basic parameters. Limiting these is enough to garantee fair racing between boats of different make, irrespectibally of how much money is spend.

I believe that a kilogram of aluminium weights just as much as a kilogram of gold and that economically speaking it is more wise to buy aluminium when presented with such a choice. This is called self regulation and it works !

I also believe that I have a full resume on mr. Andrew McP. (Macca) and some others but that it is more polite to allow these people to disclose their resumes and economical linkages themselves.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 02/14/08 08:45 PM.