Mark,
The rules were amended specifically to allow running diamonds. I remember the discussions at the time and
the intention of the rule is to allow them.

The way I see it the rules make a statement about adjusting standing rigging and then they tell you that there is an exception which is to allow running diamonds.
At least this was the intention.

Regards,
Phill

Hi Phill
I wasn't a party to this decission so I wouldn't know the intenet of the Rules. All I can understand is what is there in Black and White, the first rule stating the rig can't be trimmed other than x,y,z (which doesn't include diamonds). And then another rule stating diamonds can be adjusted.
If "Diamond's" were included in the "F16 Class Rule Summary" I wouldn't be discussing this issue, but as it isn't it could be especially difficult to the layman to understand the intent of the rules due to the conflicting statements.
In a previous thread which skirted this issue Scooby suggested that the control for a diamond's could be termed a sheet, but as far as I'm concerned there are only 3 types of sheets on a F16, main sheet, jib sheet and spinnaker sheet. All other lines are Control Lines or Halyards.

MP*MULTIHULLS