Hi all,

I've been looking for a used F16 for a while now, something to replace my aging Nacra 5.2. There is not a lot of F16 on the market in the UK: I've never seen a taipan, blades have been imported only recently, so the only model somewhat available is the stealth.

I found an old Stealth for sale, from 2001. I haven't seen it yet, but it's a pre-f16 (canoe bows, narrow beams, canted hulls) with some upgrades (winglets!). The question is: how do you assess the value of this thing? I believe the seller is pricing it too high for a 2001 boat, but then what do I know. Price include trailers, so mmm, what's the value of a used trailer?

I've been trying to find out for how much those boats have been going for and I found the following *asking* prices (prices are in £), I'm not sure the boats went for that price:

in 2004 a 2000 Stealth R: 4250, with trailer.
in 2004 a 2002 Stealth: 5500 with self tacking jib, cover and trolley
in 2007 a 2006 Stealth F16: 6250 Double handed, tricked out with trailers

But I can't find any datapoint for a 7yo Stealth anywhere. I've looked at F18 to get an idea about depreciation there, and a 7yo F18 is around 3500, a little more if it's been kept up to date.

Anybody willing to help set a value on used boats? How much did you pay for your used F16? How much do you value your boat? I'm just trying to figure out what a fair price could be.

Also is there anybody who could explain how the Stealth evolved over time? Apparently early days stealth were narrower and lighter, at some point hulls became canted and the bow changed... Daggerboard also changed, become longer and narrower. Some tumultuous history there. Anybody knows a bit about the evolution of the stealth over time?

Thanks for your insight.