Timbo-

The Golden Anchor program for multihulls still exists, it is now coordinated by John Williams. As some have mentioned here, it is FAR from obvious how to join or renew from the website.

Here's how to access the form:

www.ussailing.org, under Racing, Sailboat Classes, Multihulls... At the bottom of that page, under Links, Golden Anchor Membership.

Now, there is a caveat that I'm not sure is well known (I just found it on the website by accident yesterday). Technically, all clubs that have a GA program are required to charge the "differential fee" to non-members.

I know that I sail at a lot of regattas, and not many of them do this anymore. It's (almost?) never in the NORs either, which I would think would be expected per the RRS (falls under Elibility).

An interesting point would be, are all multihull classes expected to conform to this since the GA program is open to all multihull classes? Or, is that a bad assumption (is there a specific list of classes that are covered)???

As to the $500 per boat for the Alter Cup, that sounds reasonable. Running a week-long event for just 20 teams has to be insanely expensive on a per-team basis.

Mike