I ended up emailing Ian about it and he recommended doing the repair so I did. I think I ended up putting a little more epoxy in the beam than was intended, but it seemed to all work out ok. I have been using the boat all season with the repair and everything seems ok. In the end, I am not sure it was necessary. When I drilled out the beam end, everything looked ok, but by then I was somewhat condemned to do it.
I think that the glass pads that were on there were replacements directly from corsair. I agree though, HMWPE or delrin/acetal would probably be a better idea due to their ability to conform a little better than glass. I do use HMWPE instead of the glass as a pad in 2/4 though (I think, cant remember where they are really). I keep a close eye on them with an inspection mirror and slide a shim pad to see if I can put it between the beam and hull.

As far as the beams being too tight- I thought about this and talked with a dealer who said that they can't necessarily be too tight. However, I do make sure the beams fold and unfold ok... I certainly don't torque them down with the beam bolts.

Last edited by PTP; 09/01/08 04:28 PM.