I missed it, where was Bob?

I'm typically in the "pit" right in front of the cabin/salon door. That was my station with Cam Lewis. Cam trimmed the main, I did jib and screacher trim. We also worked the halyards and helped Peter Johnstone (steering inside) and Cali Sanmarti with race tactics. Cali is a pro offshore sailor from Barcelona (he's the guy trimming the chute - "Vamanos! Trim!"). We had a great team on board and it was really exciting to have the CNN crew on board since the commentator is Shirley Robertson who won a gold medal in both the Athens and Sydney Olympics in the Yngling and Europe classes. Shirley is currently on a Volvo 40 team (she's the driver). Very cool chick!

The Gunboats are just about as cool as a sailboat can get. It was "priceless" to pass a lot of the racing keelboats upwind and downwind. About the only monohulls faster than us were the 70'-80' maxi's (upwind only), a TP52, and a Cookson 50 but not by much. It was comical to see the 50 footers with 16 guys hiking on the weather rail while we sailed with 6!

It was really cool to finally see a Seacart 30 in the flesh. On Day 1, they were a bit too conservative with their main double-reefed and no chute downwind but then for Day 2 and Day 3, the breeze eased back down to the 12-18 knot range and they just took off.

Great time, big wind and waves. We hit 24 knots on Day 1 downwind under main and screacher. We typically sailed downwind at 12-20 knots of boatspeed for the entire event. Not bad for a cruising boat!