Hi Matt

Yes, it is all good...

The question for me (and I suspect most people on this forum who belong to a cat club and race their boats as part of an organization) is...

How do you move these new sailors from the individual (family) pursuit of the past time (sailing) to the sport of catamaran sailing and future involvment with our existing clubs?

Have you guys given much thought to this?

Is it important to the buisness plan of the company?

I remember looking for my first catamaran. The Annapolis Boat Show had a Hobie 16 on display. The show also had the Prindle 16, Dart 18 and Isotope on display. To the question... Why should I buy a Hobie Cat.... Answer... LOOK AT THE HUGE FLEETS (not to mention the big photo display of hot chicks, a pair of Hobie 16's and a beautiful beach.)

Perhaps, my intial reaction is the case for most of the new sailors now. The idea of a club was not what I looked for as a first time buyer and so the marketing approach missed ...

Now, the marketing at the Annapolis Boat show is clearly directed at the indivdual recreational sailor with little or no mention of the Hobie Fleets and Hobie racing.

If most new buyers are simply not looking for a boat that is Club or Class driven, what is needed?

TIA
Mark

crac.sailregattas.com