So there's this war going on at Sailinganarchy, where a certain Lord Doug has claimed the moth to be the fastest boat under 20 ft. Not trying to stirr up the same argument here, I'm wondering how you catsailors have done against skiffies, moths and other high performance halv boats around the world?

Two mates of mine and me raced the Hobie 21 Formula in superlight(!) conditions (sub 3 knots of wind)in a distance race last summer. Among the participants was "Narida", 105 ft super yacht. At one point we actually had to bear off as we were on port tack up wind. The next tack we had lost a few meters, but were very close indeed. This went on for about three or four tacks before her 100+ ft masts picked up some air and sailed away. That's got to be the best sailing experience I've had in those type of conditions yet. The crew on this 20 million sailing ship not taking their eyes off us for about 10 minutes. Oh, and Knut Frostad, three times(?) Whitbread sailor was at the helm at Narida. All in all, it was a blast!